Lavinia Watkins LMT is the sole proprietor of Healing Touch Massage. Ms. Watkins was a licensed massagetherapist in Oregon from July 1984 and has been running the business since then from a home office. Since its inception, the business has been consistently profitable.
We offer massage in a variety of styles – traditional Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue work, Sports Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Reflexology, and others.
This is a massage therapy business plan that examines the feasibility of expanding into downtown. This would make the services more affordable for full-time workers and allow clients to receive medically-ordered treatment at the office. While billing insurance companies for massage therapy is lucrative, the nature and cost of the therapy, which is usually 15 to 30-minute sessions that focus on a specific area of the body with a short duration, makes it essential that clients have access to the therapist either during lunch hours or during the work day.
Our mission is providing therapeutic massage services in a caring and professional setting. We offer massage in many styles, including traditional Swedish Massage and Deep Tissue work. We aim to customize the experience for each client based on the initial interview information and in-the-minute feedback throughout the massage. This will ensure that the client is satisfied and comfortable and increase repeat business. We strive to offer massage that is efficient, but also respectful of the client’s personal boundaries. The result will be a relaxing, energizing experience for both the provider as well as the client. We are mindful of the overall experience – using quality oils and lotions, appropriate scents, and soothing music, nature sounds or silence – as the client prefers.
- Moving to a downtown location can increase the number of daytime clients by 100 percent.
- Advertise locally to increase your new client base by 50%
- Locate another LMT or personal service provider in order to sublet space at a new location.
Keys for Success
- Professionalism refers to everything, from keeping confidentiality to our LMT training up to date, to maintaining good boundaries among clients and therapists.
- Individual Attention: Giving each client the attention he or she deserves.
- Repeat business/Recommendations: giving the kind of service that brings people back for regular treatments, and encourages clients to recommend us to friends, and other health professionals to recommend their clients.