This may need a little introduction. It is not your standard music business plan. You may find it a little unconventional and a little more flashy than others, but you know what? I bet you read it. It’, while slightly different and innovative, is definitely creative. We had difficulty adhering to the formal approach. So, instead of slightly breaking any rules of “business plan etiquette”, we either altered it a bit or made our own. It works well for us; we wonder if it will for you.
I am constantly struck by how interconnected we are all as individuals living in a shared world. How much do we truly consider one another? Is it possible that each person’s journey is a different one? Can I help make your journey smoother? Can you do that for me? Is it easier to take care only of yourself? Funny thing is, even if we choose a solitary path, the ripples from just our thoughts, let alone our actions, are enough to touch someone or something else. Although we may sometimes feel like we are alone in a chaotic world, we are not. We are vibrant, creative, expressive people constantly contributing to the various components of life’s …. And so we create our own world. We wanted our Business Plan and you to reflect that.
Every Little Now and Then…
“Someone or some thing comes along that makes you sit up and pay attention. Something that touches our hearts on a deeper level than just routine. Pay attention. It could be something.
Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., was founded as an entertainment distribution, production, and performance business. They specialize in the use and maximization entertainment business opportunities that are available through digital satellite radio services, the worldwide reach and affordability of the Internet, as the middle marketplace and consumers of the music market.
Let’s be clear. The music business plan’s balance might not conform to all the professional etiquette rules. On the one hand, we have had a lot of experience and learned lessons that can be used to help us find the right paths and lessons. A good Business Plan can provide unquestionable value and clarity. Ours, we think, is a dandy but is not the expected ‘stuffy’ treatise. The proof, however, is whether it accurately describes, foretells and transmits the focus and objectives of the company itself. Time will tell, we assume, but perhaps you can judge for yourself if the following ‘rings true’ and holds significance for you.
We ask that you allow us some creative freedom to tell our story using the words that are most comfortable for us.
How to Make Use of It
All of the sounds we hear, our existence, our cadence, our lives, and our melodies are all represented, enveloped, molded, and embodied through a variety of musical expressions. Music touches every part our lives. It can give us hope when we despair or ecstasy during times of passion, victory in battle, and courage when we face conflict. No, we don’t plan to write, produce and perform the next great musical on Broadway. Yes, we do plan to provide some of the finest music you’ll find just about anywhere. We aren’t looking for stardom; most of the people involved in our company have been there at some point. We intend to provide music you can live by, love, cry over, laugh at, and sing along. We focus on reality. If you don’t get what we are saying, it is one person reaching out for another. There just are those special voices, those incredible songs, those amazing musicians, those undeniably charismatic entertainers who reach into our souls and make us sit up and take notice. One person may fall under the spell a country ballad while another will tap their toes to a bluegrass song. Yet another will belt out the lyrics to a classic pop tune, while still another will drift into Dixieland jazz. It’s amazing!
The magic and beauty of music knows no borders…it erases them.
Our goal is simply to create the business entity which will manage our extraordinary group of talented individuals’ activities to produce, distribute, perform and market musical offerings through traditional channels of distribution, internet access, digital satellite networks, and traditional avenues. We also occasionally perform live. We will do this in specific ways to achieve specific results, project by project.
1. Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., would be established by the start of the Fall Year 1 in a fully-functional office that has full Internet access, digital skysat licensing/access, and integrated equipment/personnel infrastructure to accommodate its project needs.
2. By early Fall Year 1, Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., will be fully insured, bonded and indemnified to perform the myriad responsibilities involved with the production of music, the packaging for sale of that music and the occasional performance of music.
3. Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., expects to have four separate projects ready for production by the start of the Fall Year1.
4. By the end of Year 1, Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., will have at least four projects in production or packaged and released into the realm of ‘air play’ and/or market access.
5. Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., is expected to be receiving returns from at least six-to nine completed projects Ã¢â‚¬â€â€œliving in the music industry â€“ whether these are via Internet distribution, digital satellite exposure, or live performances â€“ by mid-Year 2, and beyond.
6. By the end of Year 3, Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., will be receiving a return from a total of twelve new and all previous projects still ‘living’ in the music marketplace.
Keys to Success
1. The organization of creative efforts into project formats, which allows each project to be funded, developed, maintained and tracked in accordance with its specific requirements.
a. This service provides the #8216umbrella protection and licensing #8217 from Edgar Risk Ventures while allowing each project to continue its unique existence.
b. Each project becomes a viable revenue source for Edgar Risk Ventures, dependent upon its own success and market worthiness.
c. This multi-project structure allows for an array of efforts and applications to maximize the potential of each market through individual project.
d. This arrangement also minimizes the risk of each project for Edgar Risk Ventures due to the separate funding secured each project.
2. Develop multiple avenues to visibility for Edgar Risk Ventures by strategic contacts and Internet presence.
3. Strategic utilization of the unique pool production and performance talent is an integral part of Edgar Risk Ventures’s personnel.
4. Excellence and commitment woven into every finished product and performance, thus creating the integrity Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., shall possess.
Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., offers individual artists the opportunity for recorded performance (CDs, tapes), market distribution, digital satellite air play, traditional air play, Internet marketing and exposure, and market return.
Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., gives consumers of the digital market, the Internet electronic-commerce market, or the live performance and recording market the opportunity to acquire high-quality, professionally performed, expertly prepared, efficiently distributed music products. This includes many genres, such as country, bluegrass, pop, rock, jazz, and even religious.
Edgar Risk Ventures, Ltd., provides investors with a plan for a return-on investment opportunity. It offers production, distribution, and performance projects in individual format plans. These projects ‘#8216â€™ live as separate entities. However, they have the support of Edgar Risk Ventures. These projects ‘live’ as long as the project is viable and enduring.