Pegasus Sports International is the premier inline skate accessory manufacturer for the inline skate industry. Pegasus has three new and useful skate accessories. Pegasus produces high quality products because it is made by skaters. Pegasus can quickly expand their market share and become an inline skating product company.
Pegasus Limited Partnership is located in Venice CA. Venice was strategically chosen as a location to provide Pegasus with reliable product feedback. Venice is often considered the capital city of inline skating.
Pegasus currently has three unique products available or soon to be released. BladeBoots(tm) is the first. This fabric wheel cover allows skaters access to retail shops and other places, while also protecting their skates from any surface. Pegasus’ second product is SkateSail, an innovative product that has created a new niche sport that combines inline skating and windsurfing. Not only has Pegasus released this innovative product, but they are supporting and growing the niche sport as a legitimate extension of inline skating. SkateAid is their last product.
Pegasus will supply the rapidly growing inline skating market with useful accessories. The market has been established with over 31 million pairs of skates sold already. Pegasus plans to target the recreational and competitive skaters with 26 million. Pegasus’ market can be broken down into five segments: recreational, fitness, speed, hockey, and extreme skaters.
Key to Pegasus’ success is the fact that the entire basis of the company is skaters, not only are the products for skaters but the entire company lives and breathes inline skating. Sal Chavez is the CEO and has over 23 years of experience in skating. Sal is so passionate about skating, he doesn’t own an automobile and commutes by inline skates. Sal has worked for three different companies in the design department. Sal also has years of experience in retail environments, giving him firsthand knowledge about skaters’ preferences.
Sandi Arnold is Pegasus’ Vice President and is also a true enthusiast. Sandi is a product expert with Rollerblade, a leader in the industry. She has seven years’ experience. Finally, Beth Laird is Pegasus’ Administrator and Web Master. Pegasus’ ambitious Internet efforts will be supported by Beth’s incredible computer skills. Beth was a member of Inline Skating Today, an industry newsletter that is highly regarded on the Internet.
Pegasus, an innovative business that harnesses employees’ passions for the betterment of the company and the sport. Pegasus is expected to reach profitability in the third month. Year one sales are expected be stable and will rise several fold by year three. Pegasus will generate respectable net profits for year one through year three.
- To meet skate accessory demand after-market with high-quality products.
- To develop and manufacture SkateAids by month three.
- Skate tours to be completed by Spring next year.
- To make it profitable in the first year.
- To encourage our customers to live healthy lives by making skating more fun and convenient for them.
- We offer support to skaters through our website, including interviews with Doctor Kaye (Podiatrist) and answers for specific foot problems.
- To establish an e-commerce marketplace and maximize our profit margin. E-commerce allows us to make 100% retail profits.
Pegasus International will fulfill the market need for after-market products. This is a market that we have identified based upon the large number of skates that have been sold over the last five year.
Pegasus Sport International will develop a network of service providers for in-line skaters, providing products that make it easier to incorporate skating into your daily life. Our goal?
- To do your local chores, you can expand skating.
- Create a community of skaters that focuses on health and fitness.
- SkateSailing to be promoted as an exciting new international sport.
- SkateAids is currently in development.
1.3 Keys to Success
- Through feedback from skaters, developing quality in-line skate accessories.