Ice Dreams plans to sell shavedice as its main product, along with soft drinks and frosty Latin cocktails called licuados. Shaved ice is the latest dessert after frozen yogurt. Shave ice is rapidly heating up and showing no signs of cooling.
Shave ice has been around for many years, beginning in Asia, then becoming popular in Hawaii. People would use a razor to cut the ice, creating a hard, white snow. Then, they would top it off with fruit juices to make a refreshing treat. It was impossible to keep this delicious recipe secret. Shave ice is gaining popularity all around the world.
Shaved ice is very different to a traditional snocone. It is made with a small counter-top device that cuts the ice instead of grinding it like a conventional snocone machine. This produces ice that is so fine it can rival real snow! The shaved snow is placed in a cup or bowl. Because the snow is so soft the syrup is held within its tender texture versus settling to the bottom like traditional sno-cones. The syrup is absorbed into snow so a spoon should be used instead of a straw.
Shave ice is delicious and tender. It’s made with the best, most flavorful tropical fruits flavors.
A drive-through restaurant will be built on private commercial property at Highway 86 (Adams Avenue), El Centro. The business will also include beverages (soft drinks) and licuados.
- To construct a drive through building (12’8242 x 20′) on existing commercial property (50′ x 120′).
- To make a minimum of $50,000 in net profits by the third year.
- To sell 20 different Mexican and tropical flavored syrups.
- To sell other products like soft drinks and licuados.
Ice Dreams will be selling shaved Ice in El Centro, California with 20 different flavored syrups and soft drinks. Retail customers will be in the low- to mid-income bracket, and will range in age from children to adults.
1.3 Keys for Success
Here are the keys to success
- It will be the only business of its sort in El Centro.
- The business will be situated on a major highway near several housing developments, the city swimming pool, schools, parks, and along a major motel and restaurant strip.
- High quality products will include a variety of Mexican and tropical flavors syrups.
- Potential expansion opportunities exist for businesses in other Imperial County towns.
- City of El Centro experiences warm to hot weather approximately seven months of the year.
- Highway 86 has 48,300 vehicles in two-way traffic each day.