The marketplace for nursery products and services is changing, both in nature and scope. The consumer is now more upscale and the market continues to expand.
The number of households in the United States has increased by 10 percent over the past seven years to 140.9million. The National Association of Home Builders anticipates 903,000 new home starts this year, while there will be more than 4.5 million sales of existing homes, according to the National Association of Realtors.
These facts alone suggest a future full of opportunities for forest byproducts. They are not the only thing. There has been a significant population shift. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce the baby boomers dominate the housing market. In the next four year, the 45-to 56-year-old age bracket will rise by 54 percent. In recent years, 50 percent of nursery sales was made to customers aged 45-60.
The average cost of landscaping, which involves the installation of plant material in existing or modified landscapes, was $500 per household last year. This allowed retailers to make more than $5B in sales.
Glen Mar Forest Products will be offering this growing customer base a brand new product line that will make landscaping a more enjoyable experience. Rainbow Mulch(tm), is the product. This color-enhanced shredded hardwood mulch is environmentally safe and colorfast. It is non-toxic and safe for animals and plants. The product contains only organic ingredients and is made from virgin timber products.
The customer can choose from five rainbow colors:
- Rainbow Gold
- Rainbow Brown
- Rainbow Green
- Rainbow Grey
- Rainbow White
Rainbow Mulch(tm), an innovative landscaping tool, transforms a boring lawn into a stunning landscape.
- Glen Mar Forest Products is the region’s leader in producing color-enhanced mulch.
- Over the next 2 years, the number of Glen Mar Forest Products retailers will increase by 20%
- Establish a strong working relationship with all of the region’s wholesale landscape product distributors.
Glen Mar’â€™s mission is the introduction of innovative landscaping products into its target customer base. Glen Mar’s owner, Charles Marshall, will use his landscaping experience, as well as his connections with regional wholesale distributors, to create products that will revolutionize landscaping.
1.3 Keys to Success
These are the keys for success in Glen Mar’â€™s business
- Offering innovative landscaping products. This is important for maintaining the niche markets outlined in the mission.
- Deliveries that are reliable and on time Glen Mar must make good on its delivery promises.
- A reliable administration that is ready to serve customers, prepare accurate billing, follow-up on orders and other documentation, and maintain a close watch on expenses and collection of accounts receivable.