Houses On The Lake is a new business model offering vacation houseboat rentals on Lake Shasta in Northern California. The business will offer rental to small houseboats for rent to families and young couples. To compete with luxury vacation houseboat operators, the business will provide vacationers with other services. It will also offer moorage and revenue sharing to existing owners. The business must acquire loans to launch.
Robert Hopkins, the owner and founder of the business, plans to make the business profitable in its second year. It will also become very profitable in its threerd year. Rent rates will be very low for the market and start at about $600 for three days in an off season.
Houses On The Lake will open its doors with three vacation houseboats. Over the first three years, Houses On The Lake has the following objectives:
- Marina and marina rental land
- You can create a pool with eight houseboats that current owners are interested in renting out
- Steadily increase revenues each year
- Get a 50% retention ratio of customers from year 2 through year 3.
Houses On Lake will offer affordable vacation houseboat rental options for couples and families looking to enjoy Lake Shasta. By offering a variety of activities, the business will be able to provide families with the relaxation and excitement they desire.
Keys for Success
There are three keys to success when it comes to the vacation homeboat business:
- To preserve the luxury of your accommodations, it is imperative that the rental boats are maintained in top condition.
- Family-friendly activities and services in a variety of formats
- Seasonal pricing encourages year-round use of the boats