Sarrica’, a new venture in Moab, Utah is Sarrica’. The store is an upscale international grocery and delicatessen with a distinct menu that includes authentic, hard to find ingredients from around the country and the world. The new facility will offer a dining area for 16 people, a deli/kitchen with counter-and-check out area, grocery/gift areas, and a public toilet.
Sarrica’’s Market has one mission: to provide Moab with a mix of quality, authentic, difficult to find grocery items, prepared foods, and friendly service. Our motto at Sarrica’s Market is “eat and have fun.”
Sandwiches, salads as well specialty drinks and picnic lunches are all available in the deli. Gift items will complement the international theme of the store and include a limited selection of kitchen wares, cookbooks, picnic items, and original hand-sewn items and jewelry. Gift baskets will also be available in the store and over the internet. All the recipes used in the deli will highlight the grocery items sold in the market.
The specialty and gourmet foods market is booming all across the country. Quality food is what consumers are looking for. Many large cities have have entire sections dedicated to ethnic foods and culture. More people are moving to Moab as rural America shifts away from agriculture, natural resources, and to tourism as its main economic source. These people have lost the ability to afford high quality ingredients and are now looking for rural solutions. Moab’s residents and many visitors have expressed the desire for a local gourmet food store.
Sarrica’s Market is a partnership with local restaurants and farmers, as well international distributors. This will allow customers to enjoy a wide variety of gourmet options previously unobtainable in this rural area. Sarrica’s is more convenient for residents than ordering online and lugging expensive groceries back from distant cities (several hour away), especially in winter.
Sarrica’’s project net profits increasing over three years. This is partly due to the expectation that seasonal fluctuations in sales will diminish as we increase our local client base. These forecasts are based primarily on the performance of similar cross market upscale stores in Moab as well as general trends in the gourmet foods stores industry.
Sarrica’, Market’s owners have contributed $24,000 and sought a $100,000 small-business loan. These loans will be used to start the business and will be repaid from the cash flow within five years.
The mission of Sarrica’s Market is to provide Moab, Utah’s residents and visitors with an upscale grocery store, gift shop, and delicatessen specializing in a combination of quality, authentic, hard to find, grocery items from around the world.
These are the goals and targets of Sarrica’8217;s market:
- Get the funds you need ($24,000 to get personal or investor loans and $100,000 to finance small business administration loans).
- By focusing on service and word-ofâ€“mouth referrals, you can create a company that exceeds the expectations of customers and increases repeat clients serviced by at most 20% per annum.
- Become an established community destination with a customer satisfaction rate of 90% by the end of the first year.
- Cash flow self-sufficiency is attained by the end of your first year.
- The first year saw sales of $461,900. In the second year, sales increased to $484 735 and $558,000 respectively.
- Provide income for founders by the second year. Income growth possibilities are available.
- By the end of the fifth-year, repay all debts from the original financing.
1.3 Keys to Success
The keys to success for Sarrica’s Market include:
- Reputation: Each customer who comes into our store will be happy to return. They will also recommend us to their family and friends.
Word of mouth marketing can be a strong ally for your business.