Timely Trucking was established by Jim Kerrigan, a veteran entrepreneur. Timely Trucking serves businesses in the Pacific Northwest, with plans to expand to Washington, Idaho and Montana. Timely Trucking will build a reputation for providing accurate and timely service. The company also has sophisticated Web and Software functionality that allows clients the ability to easily align their business and use Timely Trucking’. Jim Kerrigan is the CEO and Chief Operating officer.
Timely Trucking can easily be launched with an investment of Jim Kerrigan or some investment by other investors. Three 18-wheeler trucks will be used to launch the business. The company will then expand to eight 18-wheeler trucks by the end its third year. Auto loans will be used to finance this expansion. Gross margins will be around 60%, allowing for significant profit by the end of the third year as the business scales up.
Beyond three years, the business will seek to expand to additional bases of operation in the Northwest and to add trucks with refrigerated and temperature-controlled trailers. The company will be available for sale by a national freight-hauling business looking to expand in or add operations to the Northwest.
Timely Trucking will provide distribution services via truck to businesses located in the Northwest United States (Washington. Oregon. Idaho. Montana. Wyoming).
Over the first three years of operations, Timely Trucking will seek to meet the following objectives:
- Establish bases in Seattle and Spokane as well Portland, Cheyenne, Boise and Billings
- 8 18-wheeler trucks purchased with dry van trailers
- Hire 10 full-time truck drivers
- You can achieve strong annual revenue with 1.2 Million Miles of hauling in the 3rd year
Timely Trucking will make distribution easier for Northwestern businesses and become their partner in ensuring that they operate efficiently and reliably. Timely Trucking’s goals include logistics management, timely, accurate deliveries to destinations in the Northwest, as well as partnerships with distribution centers, warehousing and other businesses.
Keys to Success
These are the keys of success in the trucking business:
- Robust communication between clients and bases is possible through robust systems
- Setting delivery schedules that can be met (i.e. setting the right expectations)
- Reliable, safe drivers to hire and keep
- Understanding the goals of clients, and helping them choose the right distribution method to establish long-term relationships