Safe Current is small business unit of The Cleveland Illuminating Company (TCIC), and electric utility. Brian Henderson is the leader of Safe Current.
Safe Current has identified three key elements that will ensure its sustainability.
- You can ensure 100% customer satisfaction by referring customers and repeat customers.
- Sell and design meaningful power protection products.
- Establish and enforce strict financial controls. This is critical because Safe Current may be a small business unit, but it is a standalone entity. They have to be financially independent and accountable to shareholders.
Safe Current will offer surge protectors as well as surge arrestors. These products will be manufactured by a contract manufacturer and sold as Safe Current.
- Surge Arrestors: This is a piece of equipment that is mounted on the outside of a house or business near the meter that offers protection from external electrical surges.
- Surge Protectors – This equipment protects appliances from internal electrical spikes. All Safe Currents protectors meet industrial standards.
Brian is a Case Western Reserve University MBA graduate and has experience as an assistant project manger at ATT. Allegheny Power works in the value addition services department. Safe Current is forecasted to have impressive sales for years two- and three, with correspondingly good net profits.
- To develop a profitable product for TCIC that is unregulated from the core power generation business services.
- To be profitable in one year.
- To make it a profitable model for future ventures.
To develop surge protectors/arrestors that offer safety and value to consumers. Safe Current will benefit from The Cleveland Illuminating Company’s strength to help increase brand recognition. With their innovative products, customers will be satisfied.
1.3 Keys of Success
- Guarantee 100% customer satisfaction
- Sell and design power protection products that are meaningful and valuable.
- Financial controls should be implemented and maintained.