Markam Driving School (MDS) offers a wide range of driver services. It is ultimately the goal of the company to be a one-stop facility for all driver needs, including registration, licensing, etc., but at this time Markam mainly offers private and commercial driver education in the Seattle, WA area. MDS has been positioned as an affordable facility offering excellent service.
Markam Driving School (MDS), has the following objectives for the next three year:
- In the third year, sales revenues will reach approximately $2.1million
- You can expand by opening two additional facilities in Portland, OR or Tacoma.
- Become the low cost provider of comprehensive driving education services in the Pacific Northwest.
Markam Driving school’s mission is simple: to provide driver education courses that are convenient, comprehensive, and high-quality at a reasonable price. Safety is the most important aspect in driver education. It is the goal of Markam Driving School to have graduates of our programs with the safest driving records of any other competitor in the Pacific Northwest and to exploit that reputation to create greater market share.
1.3 Keys To Success
Markam Driving School is in a historic moment. The company has an impressive track record of providing low-cost drivers education services that are comparable in quality to the greater Seattle area. It is now ready for expansion into the Pacific Northwest. The firm will open two more facilities in Portland OR and Tacoma WA.
When the company was established six years ago, the owners saw a huge untapped market. Customers wanted high-quality driver education at a low price. No company could provide that. The large companies charged too much, while the local companies did not offer enough programs or services. It was possible to create synergies with other organizations that were buyers or suppliers. By doing this, a company can reduce costs, eliminate competition and increase market share. This has been MDS’’s driving strategy since its inception. The company’s successful growth in mature markets has been a testament to its management strategy. Now the company is ready to expand and the keys to success over the next three years for such an endeavor are as follows:
- Lower costs result in a company’s gross margin increasing to 66%
- For each facility, a cost control officer should be appointed. They will report to the president and general manger.
- Implement a cost reduction program across the entire company.
- In order to reduce costs even further, strengthen and promote strategic alliances and partnerships between suppliers.
- Strive to secure contracts with organizations that require our services like police departments and high schools.