OSS Telecom Technology is an exciting Bend, Oregon based offshoot of OSS Telecom Technology Taiwan, a $300 million steel conglomerate. The main company was established to explore opportunities in operations support systems in the telecom software sector. The company has enjoyed a solid base of 24 telecom operators utilizing their software.
OSS Telecom Technology will pursue several objectives that will allow them to quickly gain market penetration. The first goal is to provide a high quality, high-value product for the telecom sector. It is crucial that internal operations can develop top-quality human assets by offering training and other incentives. OSS Telecom Technology will also pursue a customer intimacy model. This specific business model will ensure customer satisfaction.
OSS Telecom Technology has a diverse OSS-based repertoire of products to support the telecom industry. CARIBOU is their first product, which is a subscription billing software solution. Within the CARIBOU package, traffic processing, bill generation, accounts payable, system administration, packaging, and customer care and administration are addressed. Each module within CARIBOU consists of its own robust application.
OSS Telecom Technology also provides their MEDUSA product. The MEDUSA product supports network configuration, control, management, and maintenance of network elements.
The potential market for OSS Telecom Technology’s products is enormous. This is evident by the seemingly unstoppable growth in the telecom industry. The telecom sector is the most important growth industry. It is also responsible for significant capital market gains. Cell phones, which are just one part of the telecom industry, are expanding at rates previously unimaginable. One example is that the industry predicts that within two years, cell phones will be used by 65% of all children between the ages 10-15. Broadband Internet service is expected to reach record levels of penetration. In three years, it is projected that 85% percent of the population will have broadband access with 60% of them subscribing.
OSS Telecom Technology will target two market segments. Tier 2 telecom providers are the first. This segment boasts a 8% annual increase rate and 481 possible customers. Tier 3 telecom providers will be the next targeted market segment. Although this segment has a lower annual growth rate (6%), there are 2,011 potential customers.
OSS Telecom Technology has assembled an experienced management team to guide the company through this highly competitive industry. The experience gained in the telecom industry was a significant factor in selecting the members of the assembled team. For success in the telecom sector, you need to have deep knowledge and insight. Victor Smith was appointed CEO. Victor has over 25 years of experience in telecom. Victor has served 12 years as COO at Atlas Telecom. A major player in the telecom industry. Kenneth Jones is an additional Atlas Telecom executive. Kenneth is the Executive President. Kenneth also worked at Harris Corp. and NCR Corporation. Kenneth brought a broad skill set to OSS Telecom Technology. James Jackson is also an executive vice president and has experience at IBM, Atlas, Mosaics, and the Lotus Development Corporation. Ken Smith, a topical expert from MIDCOM Communications as well as US Intelio Networks completes the management team.
OSS Telecom Technology will achieve the Break-even point by leveraging its strong management team and superior product offerings. After a loss in the first year, Net Profit will improve in year two and three. Sales at OSS Telecom Technology are expected to increase by a substantial amount in year two and three.
OSS Telecom Technology’s operating system is designed to meet our objectives, which include:
- Developing OSS solutions for telecom operations.
- We bring high quality, high-value products to the market.
- Training and competitive incentive programs to help develop human potential.
- Practicing a customer intimacy business model.
Our mission is to be the provider of high value, high quality, convergent OSS solutions to telecom operators worldwide. These scalable solutions offer unparalleled support to enable flexibility and meet regulatory requirements.
Meet or exceed customer expectations
1.3 Keys to Success
In order to achieve its mission, OSS Telecom Technology has made a set of clear and distinctive strategic choices. These choices have been developed based on two key factors:
- The OSS marketplace
- The capabilities of the company
These strategic imperatives are key to OSS Telecom Technology’s success in the OSS marketplace. The telecom market has three levels. Tier 1 operators have a subscriber list of more than one million subscribers, Tier 2 operators have a subscriber pool between 100,000 and onemillion, and Tier 3 operators have fewer than 100,000 subscribers.
- Value-focus OSS Telecom Technology will target Tier 3 operators by providing fully featured, scalable, and reliable service and products at affordable prices. The lifecycle price of OSS Telecom Technology’s software products will be 20-40% below Tier 1 competitors such as LHS and Kenan, but will still possess all the features and services offered by these players. Tier 3 rivals, such as Moscom may be cheaper but will not offer the same features and services that OSS Telecom Technology.
- Wireline & Wireless Product Portfolio OSS Telecom Technology will be expanding its product line from Global Systems for Mobile Communications to include wireless, fixed and Internet billing options. OSS Telecom Technology began with GSM-based products, but is now expanding its product line to include local loop billing as well as convergent and convergent options, which are crucial customer requirements.
- Engineering Center of Excellence: OSS Telecom Technology will continue to develop its low cost, high quality software development and programming center in Taiwan, which provides significant cost advantages over U.S. and Europe-based competitors.
- consulting Services OSS Telecom Technology combines its products with consulting services to help customers build strong relationships and enhance their product offerings. The provision of consulting services will allow a more customized, relationship-driven approach to our customers. OSS Telecom Technology only will consider projects that are feasible to make into products and market to potential customers. OSS Telecom Technology will use strict criteria to decide which consulting projects it accepts. The project will be canceled if it is not possible to “productize” or replicate the solution that has been developed.
- Sales Channels A multi-national sales and marketing team will create both direct and indirect sales channels. OSS Telecom Technology is establishing a network for experienced, well-incentivized and on-theground marketing and sales personnel to capitalize on each region’s opportunities. These teams will develop both direct customer relationships as well as indirect channels (through system integrators, switch makers, etc.). OSS Telecom Technology’s indirect channel partners will be a critical source of leverage. OSS Telecom Technology allocates resources to build its partnerships with indirect channels. Compaq partners will help OSS Telecom Technology gain credibility and reach in new areas. This will make it possible to attract customers and increase its market share. Specific support programs for partners will be created to encourage the growth of these relationships.