Pink Lady Bug Designs LLC, (PLBD) provides high-quality, uniquely crafted chocolates and gift baskets that are sold to raise funds and awareness for women’s health programs.
- We are a newly established company looking for equity or loans to finance our start-up capital.
- By year two, we aim to double our sales. By year three, we plan to triple Year Two’s sales. We also have a healthy cash balance.
- We will donate 50% to Women’s Health Programs.
- Our business strategy is to maximize cash flows by minimizing overhead and capital expenses and thereby maximizing returns.
Pink Lady Bug Designs was formed to merchandise the concepts and designs of Linda Herter. Linda has been involved with merchandising in some capacity since the 1970’. Linda was also told that the Internet dot-com company she was employed by was closing down. Linda saw the opportunity in difficulties and decided to utilize her professional and creative talents to start a company that would maximize her abilities. A major objective of the company is to raise funds for breast cancer awareness as well as provide funds for women who are not able to afford necessary breast screenings. We hope Linda’s story will inspire others and give them hope.
Pink Lady Bug Designs has many important features that will make us successful.
- Delivering the Pink Lady Bug tale
- Only high-quality products.
- Half of the after-tax profits will be donated to women’s health causes
- Being first to the market with very little competition
- Partnering with a celebrity spokesperson
- Establishing alliances of suppliers and vendors for fine products.
- Customers who are emotionally driven to purchase a product that supports a cause will be sold a product.
- There are between 20 and 30 million Americans who could be our market. This group includes all 2 million breast- and ovarian cancer patients who have died in the past ten years.
- Prospective customers have been and will continue being supportive of our ideas and mission.
- Endorsements from large organizations such as the American Cancer Society, Breast & Cervical Cancer Program (BCCP) and many more.
- Forming two-way links with the American Cancer Society and BCCP websites.
Pink Lady Bug’s strength lies in the experience and talents of each of its principals, fueled with a firm conviction to support the prevention of and cure of life-threatening woman’s diseases. We recognize our weaknesses in national marketing and distribution. We are now forming synergistic alliances to companies and individuals who can offer advice and guidance for our products’ launch nationally.
Balance our team with members who bring the necessary skills to accomplish our goals. Jim Herter has been employed as the Business and Facilities Manager by the Bigname University Food Services department for the past thirteen years. His primary responsibilities include planning and facilitating a $31million budget, overseeing the department’, and providing management training in areas of financial planning and analysis. Jim will be the Controller and vice president, lending his financial planning expertise.
Brian Egendoerfer, currently the Manager of Web Development Services at Bigname University, is Brian Egendoerfer. For six years, Mr. Egendoerfer served as Director of Alumni Information Technology at the University’s Alumni Association. Brian’s talents will be critical to maintaining our Web sites.
Our organization is further enhanced by the formation of an Advisory Board of key support players who will give guidance and insight. Dr. Craig Sponseller (M.D.) is a Saint Louis University School of Medicine Clinical Research Physician in Hepatology and Transplant Hepatology. He is closely involved with the Cancer Center’s management of liver and other types tumors. Dr. Sponseller travelled with Naomi Judd on her lecture tour, “An Evening With Naomi Judd”, to educate the public about hepatitis.
His deep understanding of the medical field and involvement in charity and philanthropic events are unmatched.
George Friend (M.D.), F.A.C.S graduated in Medicine from Washington University School of Medicine. He has been practicing medicine in South Bend, Indiana since 1971. He was the Director of Surgical Education at Memorial Hospital in South Bend and St. Joseph’s Medical Center from 1972 to 1990. He is currently Medical Director for Breast Care Services at Memorial Hospital South Bend. Dr. Friend will bring a wealth of experience to the table in both the local and national breast care and pharmaceutical communities.
Castles Sport, a high-end apparel manufacturer for alumni, is headed by Karen Castles Gray of Atlanta, Georgia. Castles Sport is licensed with more than 40 prestigious universities in the United States. They have produced over $3,000,000 in revenue last year. Karen’s experience and advice in merchandising at a national level will greatly assist our national sales strategy.
The sale of premium chocolates will be Phase One of our marketing strategy. Our research has shown that fund-raising groups are interested in our products as favors for various events. We started with a high-quality product which appeals to many markets. This popularity can be seen in the rising demand for premium chocolates. What is great about our products? Customers can enjoy them, whether they are supporting our cause or simply looking for fine chocolates.
Because our expertise lies not in production but merchandising we have entered into an agreement to produce our chocolates with Bissinger’.s French Confectioners in St. Louis. The Bissinger’s family first began producing their exquisite chocolates in Paris, France (17th-century). Bissinger’s will handle all product order fulfillment. This will eliminate any need for capital expenditure and logistic management. Bissinger’’s economies will allow us to utilize their established Web page product ordering and system.
The company’s principals have provided loans to finance all of its development and operational capital. We will need to secure loans for Phase One in order to achieve our company’s goals. The funds will be used to pay legal and accounting fees, stationery, office supplies, marketing, promotions, research and development, as well as for other expenses such as stationery, office supplies, stationery, and printing. One personal computer will also be purchased with cable modem capabilities. To ensure that we have a positive cash balance throughout our startup period, the rest will be kept as cash.
We are offering three $20,000 memberships. The principal and interest will be paid in Years Three, Four, and Five. We have a high projected cash balance for Fiscal Year 3 and are confident that we’ll repay our equity members in Year 5.
- To build a substantial cash balance by the end of year three.
- Our goal is to contribute $100,000 in our third year of service to not-for profit organizations that support women’s initiatives and organizations.
- To achieve a tenfold increase in sales by the end year three.
- To pay off any loans or equity investments by the end of Year Three.
Pink Lady Bug Designs is dedicated to becoming the premier provider of high-quality products to the market for the purpose of raising funds for under-served women’s health programs. We will accomplish our mission by:
- Forming strategic alliances with companies and organizations that share our vision.
- We conduct our business ethically and fairly.
- Our employees are treated with dignity and respect.
1.3 Keys to Success
The Pink Lady Bug Story.
- Secure sufficient start capital to finance the marketing plan, administrative and Web page development costs, as well as operating costs for six to 12 months.
- Establishing a competitive advantage by being the first to market with our products and following up with a strong national marketing strategy.
- Securing celebrity spokesperson/major sponsor for the product.
- Controlling cash flow and finances by keeping capital costs and operating expenses low.
Leave a Reply