Burly Skate Shop sells new apparel, footwear and skateboarding gear to youth in the Salem/Suburb communities. Our mission is to provide clothing, footwear, boards, and accessories in an industrial chic environment. Our store will be a showcase for the latest trends and cutting-edge products. We expect to be, and will strive to position ourselves as, the top retail store servicing this particular market.
Suburb’s first and only skateboard shop. Suburb’s market research has shown that skaters are unhappy with the current retailers in their area. Our aim is to grab 80% marketshare and establish a central hub of activity for local skateboarders and others who are interested in fashion and the latest trends. Burly is located at 1234 Skate Rd N Suburb Oregon. Our target market is located in the very center of residential and social areas. This is where we believe our first success and long-term growth will be possible.
Ollie and Nollie Cansperflip will be the owners and managers of Burly. Nollie Casperflip is the merchandising manager and founder of a foster-care and family advocacy organization. He has served as the Executive Director of Operations for 18 years. Nollie holds two Masters Degrees. Nollie also taught at a local high school for nine years. Ollie Casperflip is the personnel and marketing manager who has served as the Executive Director of Administrations since 2001. Ollie Casperflip, who has a Masters degree in Administration, is an avid skateboarder. Both of the owners have vast experience working with people aged 12-25. Aside from raising their son (an ex-skateboarder), Casperflips’#8217 work in foster-care brought them into daily contact and interaction with parents and children that age.
Our market research has shown that our conservative sales forecasts will produce a net profit exceeding $6,000 in the first year. This figure will increase to nearly $20,000 by year three. The owners have contributed $5,600 in cash as well as $1,200 in short-term assets to help fund this plan. To meet our startup needs, we are looking for $50,000 more in short-term loans. These will be repaid over three year.
Burly’s mission it to provide the best, most cutting-edge and newest merchandise, in an industrial-chic setting where they can meet, interact and learn from each others about the latest moves and trends. Our intention is to enhance the skateboard culture in our communities, by promoting drug-free and violence-free events in our communities.
1.2 Keys for Success
The primary keys to success for Burly are:
- We sell the most up-to-date styles of boards, clothing, and equipment, and help our customers to create a positive image that is associated with skateboarding culture.
- Provide customized services such as gripping in-store and tools to repair and apply newly purchased parts. This allows customers to be repurchased and can refer friends.
- COMMUNICATE WITH our customers through newspaper advertising, print magazines, and postcard mailings. Promote skateboarder events and bring in semi-pro and pro skaters sponsored and sponsored by manufacturers. The website will also be a marketing tool and sales channel.
- ESTABLISH a highly visible, accessible, friendly, and interactive website for all of our products and services.
- Ensure that daily management practices reflect Burly’s mission to ensure that a business that is growth-oriented and succeeds is maintained.
Burly has established three firm objectives it wishes to achieve in the next five years:
- Four stores located in superb retail areas by the end of year five.
- Gross Margin of 45% or more.
- Net after-tax profits above 15% of sales