The number of theaters in cinemas is declining as major chains build megaplexes to house more people in smaller venues. Popular downtown theaters are now vacant due to this profit strategy. Second Run Pizza is a theater/restaurant company that believes that there are a lot of theater-goers who want a better way to watch a movie and have a bite to eat. Second Run Pizza is renovating downtown Majestic Theater, creating a medium-sized restaurant to show second-run movies that continue to be popular with our target customers. We will provide a completely unique dining and movie experience at an affordable cost that will draw repeat customers to our theater.
Robert Williamson & Judy Fillmore are the owners of Second Run Pizza. They stress two important factors that will ensure the success of their business.
- Judy’s fifteen years of experience as a chef in four of the city’s most successful restaurants. Robert’â€™s experience as a manager for the Lighthouse Theater. This small, art-house theater has been reborn under Robert’â€™s direction.
- Robert’s strong seven year working relationship with Premiere Film Distributors which will provide the second run films for Second Run Pizza.
Our market and financial analyses indicate that with a start-up expenditure of $300,000 we can generate $600,000 in sales by the end of year one, and produce high net profits by the end of year three.
Sales over $600K the first year, more than a million by the third.
The first year’s personnel costs will be less than $300K
Profitable the first year with increasing net profits each year.
Second Run’s mission is to create a new theater experience for our customers that will be so enjoyable and satisfying that they will return often and recommend Second Run to their friends and family. Our customers will love our high level of service and excellent food. We also offer a theatre environment that is unmatched. We are confident that after the film finishes and the applause ceases, our customers will be more inclined to go to Second Run to see a different movie than to ever again squeeze into a Megaplex.
1.3 Keys for Success
- Select popular films that work best when viewed in a group environment. You can choose from horror, comedy or adventure films.
- Provide exceptional service that leaves an impression.
- Consistent entertainment environment and high quality product.
- To enable capital growth, we must manage our cash flow and internal finances.
- Strenuous control over all costs at all times without exception.
Leave a Reply