ExpectingU.com is a fun and affordable online store that sells collegiate maternity clothing via both our site and through an eBay shop.
Mary Lenton, the owner, has more than 10 years experience in business management, channel market and high-level selling. She believes strongly in the product and will help to finance the business using personal capital. ExpectingU.com was born out of her own search for the product while she was pregnant. According to market research, there is a high demand for these products among more than 500 expectant mothers. ExpectingU.com has ad space commitments from several online expecting sites, and dozens of leads for direct sales and public relations.
Our target market is made up of both women in their early stages who are sports fans or spouses to those who are.
In the first year, sales projections for ExpectingU.com are estimated at $1,094,635 for the first year and net profit is projected at $343,517.
Our website expects a gross margin around 71.5% for products that are sold directly, and 67.2% when items are sold through our eBay shop. This gross margin is much higher than that of the industry standard for maternity wear. The product’’s simple design allows for easy and inexpensive outsourced manufacturing while our innovative concept allows it to be charged a premium.
While we will be paying $48,000 in eBay fees (roughly $1.30 for each item sold), this amount will be more than offset by the savings we make in marketing and expenses for web development and maintenance. eBay’s success and reputation, as well as its built-in tools to help new merchants, will help us build a solid customer list for our new product.
- A unique maternity clothing product can be created and offered in 75% division 1 football schools’#8217; logos by the end year 1.
- In year one, generate retail sales exceeding $1,000,000 on both our website and our eBay store.
- Maintain a gross margin exceeding 65%
- To receive 100 positive feedback from eBay customers within one year.
To provide maternity collegiate wear that is both comfortable and fun for pregnant women.
1.3 Keys to Success
- ExpectingU.com will launch a new line of maternity shirts featuring the logo and/or mascot from NCAA Division I football teams. These products are highly sought-after, but they do not yet exist in mainstream retail.
- ExpectingU.com will satisfy the demand of maternity collegiate shirts by maintaining inventory levels that will allow for immediate shipping to customers.
- ExpectingU.com will run a targeted marketing campaign in order to increase awareness about the site and its products.
Leave a Reply