Dan Carithers, one of the country’s most renowned interior designers, stated that if he had $500,000 to spend in a room, he would spend $400,000 on accessories. . . While a sofa is a sofa, a rug is a rug, accessories can help you to understand the person behind it. They are the most important ingredient in decorating . . . It’s the accessories which create the feeling of #8220I’m at home#8221
The Scarlet Tassel is an online retail store that sells unique home accessories. The Scarlet Tassel is planning to locate in the Sandy Springs/Lower Roswell area of Atlanta, Georgia catering to middle- and upper-class consumers who look beyond the national home accessory and gift chain stores for those expressions of individual personality and style. In addition to the offering of unique products, unparallel customer service, quality, value will complement the customer experience. In Year Two, The Scarlet Tassel will develop its online presence at www.thescarlettassel.com. The Scarlet Tassel’s third year will see it move to ecommerce and ship directly to customers via its website. The Web will extend the store concept.
The Scarlet Tassel expects to grow at a steady rate of total revenue for year one. Year two will focus on marketing and services, with a view to achieving a 30% growth rate. Year Three is expected to achieve further growth by e-commerce development, and continuing awareness by consumers. Both owners feel that these expectations can be achieved and are realistic.
Shelly Dozier McKee and Deirdre Stab bring together 36 years’ experience to the venture. This expertise includes merchandising as well marketing, buying, forecasting, operations, and import sourcing. Scarlet Tassel, Inc., an S corporation. Shelly and Deirdre each have a 50 percent share of the business, as well an equity investment. The Scarlet Tassel will be realized if additional funding is available for asset purchases and startup costs.
The Scarlet Tassel celebrates the home and is a store that caters to the style-conscious buyer. We are committed to providing unique, eclectic, and inexpensive home accents and gifts. This will allow us to continue growth and expand our involvement in the community.
The Scarlet Tassel is a tool that will empower, inspire, and help you to express yourself within your home. It is our hope that you will consider us your trusted resource for achieving a personalized home.
Our employees will be treated with respect and a fair work environment.
Success Keys 1.2
The following factors are key to the company’s success.
- Promote products that deliver value and quality to the consumer, as well as expressing personal style.
- Provide customized services such as in-store workshops, personalized promotions and other custom services so customers can continue to buy and refer.
- COMMUNICATE directly with your customer base via print magazine advertising, postcard mails, or through our website.
- ESTABLISH a visible, accessible and welcoming storefront and website to position us as the premier choice for our products and services within the marketplace and beyond.
- Ensure that daily management practices reflect The Scarlet Tassel’s values so that a growth-oriented and successful business can be developed.
- Keep your direct cost of sales at 45% and your gross margin at 55% or more
- Maintain operating expenses to equal or less than that of plan.
- In Year One, generate total revenues of $626,000
- Establish an Internet presence by Year 2.
- Turn your Internet presence into ecommerce in Year Three
- Realize an annual growth rate of approximately 30% in Year Two.
- In Year 3, you will see an annual growth rate in the region of 20%
Leave a Reply