Avant-Garde Building’s Gift shop has offered a variety of stationary and novelty products for years. This landmark building is a historical landmark in Jakarta, Indonesia. Customers of the Avant-Garde Building’s Gift Shop were primarily tenants. PT. is the new venture. Avant-Garde Shop” is taking over this space and redesigning it as the flagship store of the Avant-Garde Building, through a joint operation with PT. ABC Company Indonesia. Our customer base will be expanded by our focus not only on tenants but also on the neighbors and visitors of the Avant-Garde Building. The grand opening will take place on December 9th. PT.’s main priority is the safety of our customers. ABC Company’s main priority is to transform the existing outlet into an official retail store to match the lifestyle of the professionals that are our focus. [NOTE : *PT is an acronym for Indonesian Perseroan Terbatas. It means Limited Company.
This business plan lays out our strategy for re-positioning the “Gift Shop” from “just-another-store” to the “Official Store of Avant-Garde.” This plan will detail services to be provided by ABC Company in the joint operation, along with the implementation milestones for each step. ABC Company will provide several strategic recommendations on how to enhance the traffic and image of the retail facility through re-naming and image revamping, re-modeling of interior and merchandise resource planning.
There are approximately 100 offices inside Avant-Garde Building, and roughly 1,000 visitors daily to Avant-Garde Building. Avant-Garde Shop has identified three market segments: tenants and neighbors, as well as visitors.
The primary target market for our services is roughly 1,500 Tenants. They are predominantly white-collar workers and have high disposable incomes. The second target market is the local office community. These people often visit Avant-Garde Building during lunch time to meet up with their friends or colleagues. These two groups have shown their willingness to purchase from the Avant-Garde Building’s retail stores. Our location on the Mezzanine, above ground-floor dining, is perfect for attracting their attention.
The Avant-Garde Shop’s final target customers are tourists and Jakarta Metro residents who visit the Avant-Garde Building as a way to feel glamorous and be part of Indonesia’s modern economy.
PT. Avant-Garde Shop will make the Avant-Garde Buildingâ€™s existing image and brand-name into a formidable brand that reflects wealth, power, and global sophistication. We will improve the retail space by creating a new design and adding catalog and online orders to supplement sales. It is important to remember that we do not sell merchandise. Instead, we are selling a company and an image, the New Indonesia.
All amounts are shown in the plan in Indonesian Rupiahs (IDR), also abbreviated as Rp.
Avant-Garde Shop has set two goals for the company. They are ambitious, but achievable. The organization will push everyone, from PT, to develop and track progress towards its goals. Avant-Garde & PT. The ABC Company will do their best.
- To reposition the current Avant-Garde Gift store as the Official One. We will do this by redesigning the retail space and implementing various marketing programs that increase sales and add to Avant-Garde Building equity.
- To earn a modest net income of Rp. 1,801,000 in year two, and Rp. 6,807,000 in year three
- To reach revenue of Rp. 90,299,000 per year in the first year, Rp. 95,717,000 per year and Rp. 101,460,000 for year three.
Avant-Garde Shop specializes in the retail sale of novelty items of different product mixes. The Avant-Garde brand will have a full range of apparel, accessories, stationary and other lifestyle-related novelty merchandise.
ABC Company’s mission is to be Avant-Gardeâ€™s exclusive supplier. To achieve the Avant-Garde Shop positioning strategy we believe it is necessary to follow the theme of the target customer’s lifestyle to ensure consistency.
1.3 Keys to Success
Avant-Garde Shop needs to look at all aspects of their customers’ value in order to be successful in merchandising.
- A variety of mix and match merchandise to best suit their white collar target customers.
- Customers will receive top-notch customer service in a professional and warm atmosphere.
- Advertise and promote in areas where our target customer base will learn about our store, through the implementation of point-of-sales (banners, leaflets, flyers), website and other method of marketing medium to attract visitors to visit the location.
- Continuously assess our inventory, sales, and adjust our inventory accordingly.