Classique Gifts Etc. It is a retail shop that offers fine gifts, collectible dolls, accessories and other doll-related products. The Lexington store will cater to middle- and upper-class customers who prefer shopping in special places than the crowded malls. A wide selection of high-quality products will be available. The customer will also enjoy knowledgeable and friendly service in an uncongested area.
This business plan is ready to receive financing in excess of $50,000 to purchase inventory as well as to pay expenses for the first two years of operation. We request a $10,000 credit card to be used for low cash flow periods. Brenda and Charles Gajdik together will be the owners and operators of the store. They will contribute $40,000 to equity as an investment. This money can be used to finance start-up and equipment purchases as well operating capital.
This plan is very conservative when compared with a comparable business in Lexington. Brenda has observed the strengths as well as the weaknesses of this store. She believes it can do better.
- To develop Classique Gifts Etc. Central Kentucky’s leading gift retail store.
- To establish and maintain a gross margin of more than 40% within the first year.
- Personal customer service and marketing are key to acquiring 4,000 customers by the end of the second fiscal year.
- To make a significant net profit before the end of year 3.
Classique Gifts Etc.will be a retail gift store specializing in fine gifts, collectible dolls and doll accessories. We will provide quality products from trusted suppliers, and offer friendly customer service.
1.3 Keys to Success
We must be able to succeed in this industry.
- Sell the product the customer needs and ensure that they are high quality.
- Offer friendly customer service
- For quick shipment of orders, establish excellent supplier/vendor relations.
- Advertise and promote our store immediately to take advantage of the current Christmas shopping season.
- Continuously evaluate our inventory and sales, and adjust our inventory levels using detailed records.