The modern world offers information about the human body, and the option to have items sent directly to your home. This should not be a luxury for those with higher incomes. We will ensure everyone has access health and convenience.
Nature’#8217s Candy’#8217 is dedicated to providing natural supplements of the highest quality at an affordable price. We exist to bring in and keep customers. Everything else will follow this principle. Our services will meet or exceed customer expectations.
The nutritional supplement market has a semi-mature structure. There are high growth rates and medium barriers to entry. However, there are a few large competitors. Many companies have reported an average 30% annual growth despite fierce competition. These are the market leaders:
- GNC (General Nutritional Companies, Inc.: This company is a nationally recognized specialty retailer of vitamins, mineral and sports nutrition supplements. With over 3,000 stores, GNC generated $1.19 billion in 2000.
- Nature’s Sunshine Products, Inc., manufactures and sells a variety of supplements. This multi-level marketing business had 2000 revenues in excess of $370 million.
- Rexall Sundown, Inc.: Rexall develops, manufactures, markets and sells vitamins, nutritional supplements, and consumer health products through retailers, independent distributors, and mail order. Rexall reported 2000 revenues of around $370 million.
- International Vitamin Company, Inc. : IVC manufactures, packages, markets, and distributes private-label vitamins and nutritional supplements for drug stores, supermarkets, and health food shops. IVC had revenues of $107 million in 2000.
The main distribution channels in this sector are:
- Mass market retailers (Fred Meyer, Rite Aide).
- Direct Sales Organizations
- Health Food Stores (GNC).
- Mail-order catalogs and the Internet
The three primary categories of vitamin and supplement products in the mass-market retailer channel are broad-line brands (national brands), broad-line brands (private label brands) and small-brands (private label brands). The 60% of domestic market is dominated by broadline and national brands. The remainder 40% of the market is occupied by private label brands.
Nature’s Candy’s mission it to provide the highest quality natural supplement using the Internet to lower consumer’s costs. We exist to maintain and attract customers. When we adhere to this maxim, everything else will fall into place. Our services will exceed our customers’ expectations.
Nature’s Candy plans to become an iconic e-commerce brand in the next three years through laser-focused marketing. It will eventually grow and make a profit in the second year.
Financial Highlights for the Year
We will start with $80,000 as a donation from our founders
Leave a Reply