Crest Systems, a new Value Added Resell (VAR), is now open. The company is focused on marketing speciality inventory software products to over 1,200 VARs that sell in vertical markets. Each market is distinct and serves a particular speciality industry. Crest will also be selling the hardware needed to collect inventory data. Traditionally, VARs who sell to these vertical markets focus solely on the industry’s unique product line or service. Though their customers have inventory controls needs, these VARs have not had a product they could offer until now.
Critical to the product’s success is the ability to sell the customer an inventory management solution that costs less than $5,000. Crest Systems has reached a strategic alliance deal with Promerit Engineering to distribute its software products to these VARs. Promerit Inventory Basic is the first product and it will be released in May. Crest Systems predicts that Crest Systems can sell 20,000 units in the next 36-months. The product will go for $850
The VAR will get $400 from the sale. Crest Systems will be paid $250 for each unit sold. Crest Systems will also sell hardware that will use the software. Crest Systems will sell portable data collection systems from Symbol, PSC. The hardware costs between $2,000 and $3.200 per unit. Crest Systems receives between $600 and $900 for each unit. The total package of software and hardware will be less than $5,000.
The company is primarily focused on vertical markets but VARs who are warehouse managers may be interested in a low end data collection solution. Crest Systems will build 1,000+ warehouse management VARs to help sell Promerit Inventory Basic.
Crest Systems will also develop specialty software modules that can be integrated with Promerit Inventory Basic software. These modules will sell for $800 to $1,000. Crest Systems intends to develop strong relationships with its VARs customers which will enable Crest Systems to offer additional software products and hardware.
Crest System’s founder Richard Torres brings over twelve years of vertical market experience to the table. He was Cycon Systems top selling agent last year, with sales in excess of $3 million.
Crest Systems’ objectives are:
- Selling 8,000 units in the first year.
- It is crucial to build strong relationships with VARs in order to increase sales.
- Each year, increase the sales of software modules by 15%
- Maintain effective communication with Promerit Systems in order to improve product quality and customer satisfaction.
1.2 Keys To Success
Crest Systems success depends on the following:
- We offer inventory control solutions at a fraction of the cost of traditional options, and they are easy to implement.
- Fast and reliable responses to VARs’#8217â€™s questions and requests
- An administration capable of serving VARs, preparing accurate billing, following-up on all documentation and keeping a close tab on expenses and collections.