Calico Computer Consulting is being formed. Doug Burham owns and operates it. This plan will serve as a guideline for the start and management of this new business. It will also be used as the basis for a separate marketing plan. The following is a summary.
- CCC has three main goals: to make profit, to grow at a challenging rate and to be a good neighbor.
- CCC was established to provide quick and reliable technical assistance for small office computer users.
- CCC’s key to success is marketing, networking, responsiveness, quality, and generating repeat clients.
- Initial service offered will include technical assistance on an hourly basis. However, retainer and project contracts will be considered for future growth.
- While the local market for this business is not new, it’s still open for new and growing consulting firms.
- The initial financial analysis shows that this venture is viable and has great potential. Many sources point out that computer consulting is an easy business to start and requires very little capital up-front. This could make it quite profitable in today’s high tech world.
The highlights chart below shows that this plan projects high net profit growth and rapid growth in the next three year. This plan will be implemented in conjunction with a detailed marketing plan to ensure Calico Computer Consulting becomes a highly profitable venture.
These are the goals of the business plan.
- To provide a written guide for starting and managing this computer consulting business; a strategic framework for developing a comprehensive tactical marketing plan.
- The intended audience is the owner of this business only; this plan is not intended to obtain financing from outside sources.
- The plan’s scope is to provide monthly projections and yearly summaries of the next two years.
Calico Computer Consulting aims to:
- Profit – To generate sufficient profit to finance future growth and to provide the resources needed to achieve the other objectives of the company and its owner. (Revenues must be at least 45% in the first year.
- Growth It is your goal to grow your business at a pace which is both challenging but manageable. You will be leading the market in innovation and adaptability. â€¢ Increase your billable hours from 24 per week at Year 1 to 35 per week by Year 3.
- Citizenship Contribute 5 Hours per Week as a Volunteer, and give 5% of the pretax profits back to charity
Calico Computer Consulting’’s mission seems simple.
- CCC was established to provide quick, reliable technical support to local small business/home office/home computer users. CCC sells solutions & results!
- Vision – – CCC creates repeat customers by providing quick response, informed expertise and consistently high quality solutions. CCC generates enough profit to support a comfortable lifestyle for its owner.
- Mission – The short term objective is to start this company quickly and inexpensively, with a minimum of debt. The long term objective is to grow the company into a stable and profitable entity that the owner can easily and comfortably manage.
- Marketing Slogan: #8211 “Calico Computer Consulting can be your computer paramedic …”.
Success Keys 1.3
Calico Computer Consulting’s keys to success are:
- Marketing and Networking (getting name out there â€“ TOMA).
- Responsiveness (being an on-call computer paramedic with fast response time).
- Quality (getting things done right the first-time, with a 100% guarantee).
- Relationships (developing loyal repeat customers – retainers).