InteliChild.com gives bright children a safe place to interact and have fun with other kids, educators, the web, and the wider world. It generates traffic first and then valuations for investors. Then, commerce and profits follow. It’s a safe place for children to play, for parents to buy school supplies, and for employees to work in a fair and creative environment.
The InteliChild.com ecommerce initiative is the natural evolution of the InteliChild.com Internet existence. The site will promote and sell select toys, books and software products. It will also produce Web products and Web applications that will increase market share, promote name recognition, and maximize efficiency.
InteliChild.com currently exists as a start-up with four full-time employees. The California C corporation, owned 25% by each of its founders, was incorporated. (Name Omitted. Capital partners purchased 50% of the company. The company now has one office. The initial website is at www.citruscoolkids.com.
Our key competitive advantage is the in-house knowledge base we have developed. Our competitor spends five to 10 times the amount of money we do outsourcing to expensive companies for services we perform in-house. The same applies to InteliChild.com. We have already the SQL(tm), ColdFusion ™, and Flash(tm), programming expertise.
Products and Services
InteliChild will offer a steadily growing mix of three product lines:
- Toys and Games: carefully selected toys and games that appeal to the target market, the parents of the target market, and educators.
- Book: This site should have a selection of books targeted at the parents and educators of the target audience, so they can order books about the children. There are also books that can be ordered for and by children.
- Software: carefully selected software to appeal to the target market and target parents and educators.
Every three months or faster, the Internet reinvents itself. Our strategy for the future is to have enough flexibility to adapt new technologies and to respond to rapid changes.
InteliChild.com is experiencing an explosion in sales due to technology advancements in teaching fields and the acceptance technology as a teaching aid. Approval and support from school communities (including teachers, PTA, and special programs) will be crucial to our entry into this market.
These four areas are our primary targets:
- The kids themselves.
- Schools for children of the upper-class
- Self-teaching families.
While we are looking to expand international, our first launch will target the American upper class. We know that the majority of our clients drive BMW’s and have great taste. They spend more on their children than they do on their cars because they like the technology that we have built. They are also impressed by high-quality design and have high bandwidth connections.
Our start-up costs are high because of our commitment to dominate the Internet market place.
The Breakeven Analysis indicates that we are at steady-state breakeven in the first one year.
The sales forecast is based on increasing website traffic and increasing sales per unique user session. From Year 1 through Year 3, sales are expected increase exponentially. Traffic growth is a major factor in this forecast. We plan to lose money for at least three years while we build traffic and develop our position for the long-term future.
- Traffic measured in unique sessions: 100,000 user sessions in June, Year 1, 450,000 in December Year 1, 3.5 million Year 2, and 5,000,000 in Year 3.
- Sell-through, as measured in dollar sales per unique visit: a high of $0.58 per unique visit in December of Year 1; increasing to $0.83 in Year 2; and $0.92 in Year 3.
- The ability to bring in additional investments at economically feasible valuations is what we call value. Attracting investors is key.
This year’s investment is moderate, with an additional large infusion in Year 2. The valuation performance of the company yields attractive internal rates of return (IRR). The financial section indicates an IRR higher than 100% for investors. The IRR for seed is larger, while the IRR for second-round investments decreases slightly.
InteliChild.com is a place for bright children to connect with one another, the Internet, educators and the rest of the world. It generates first traffic and valuations investors. Then it eventually produces commerce and profits. It provides a safe environment for children to play and parents to purchase. The employees are able to be creative and fair in their work environments.
Keys to Success
- We need to keep our customers. It must be simple to use and easy to view. The ultimate goal is user satisfaction.
- The project will succeed if InteliChild.com can generate traffic, and turn these user sessions into revenue through the commerce portal.
- InteliChild isn’t ready to hire more people so the sales process must be simple to manage and flexible enough.
- The ecommerce project will help InteliChild.com be recognized as a technology innovator, bringing new traffic to the site and increasing traffic to its existing customers.