This plan includes detailed information about investors as well as the information needed to create and run Kiln Creek Bowling Center. The plan details the business plans, operation methods, and infrastructure management.
Kiln Creek Bowling Corporation (Kiln Creek Bowling Center) was formed in Yorktown, Virginia, as a corporation under the Laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Charles H. Collins Jr. and Jane W. Collins are part of the dynamic management team that is responsible for designing, building, developing and managing company policy as well as the day-to-day operations. In addition, a team-oriented and customer-focused staff of 50 will support the management team. Kiln Creek Bowling Corporation will retain a CPA firm in order to perform company audits, prepare taxes, and pay payroll. The CPA can also be used as a business consultant to help set long-term strategic goals.
Kiln Creek Bowling Corporation is established to offer York County, Hampton, Newport News, as well as the surrounding communities, quality entertainment, products, services, and products.
Kiln Creek Bowling Centre has the potential to make excellent sales in its first year based on current prices in the restaurant and bowling market. It is possible to expect healthy revenue growth each year with good management.
Each investor’s equity will be determined by the amount of his or her investment. An in-depth look at Ratios can be found in Topic 7.7, Business Ratios.
These are some ways to minimize the risk factors that could hinder Kiln Creek Lane’s future success:
- Obtain sufficient capital to build and cover expenses of initial operation. All investor capital is held in escrow, until the project has been fully funded.
- Low overhead costs will increase the bottom line profit. Employees will be multi-skilled and will receive ongoing training. This will ensure consistent, high-quality service to customers.
- Build a sufficient customer base. A good location is determined by demographics. Full-time employees can implement an aggressive marketing plan to achieve desired results.
- Involve the community to show how the business will improve your quality of living. In order to assist civic groups in reaching their financial goals, the bowling center will host community projects. For tours of the bowling centre, schools, churches, and any other group are welcome.
- All payments can now be made by cash, check, credit card or check.
Kiln Creek Bowling Corporation will build a 43,000-square-foot building in the Kiln Creek commercial area of York County/Newport News, Virginia. Service/products include 40 computerized bowling lanes, full-service family restaurant, snack bar, billiard and dart parlor, video game room, apparel shop, pro-shop and children’s nursery. The future will see the addition of a miniature golf course. The project will cost $4.5million. Commercial funding will be borrowed at 9.5% on a 20 year basis. Kiln Creek Bowling Center is expected to open late in September. It expects its first year gross revenue to show a return. Revenues will grow at a rate higher than inflation.
Kiln Creek Bowling Center’s purpose is to offer family entertainment in a pleasant, enjoyable atmosphere for residents on the north side Hampton Roads. The center will offer exceptional service using the most up-to-date bowling equipment. The restaurant will be called “The Train Station” with a decor that reflects the golden age of railroading. Multiple TVs will be available to provide casual dining in a family-friendly environment. Each customer will have the ability to choose the television station that interests them. This design will include reproductions of railroad furniture as well as artifacts. The casual dining ambiance, quality of the food, and excellent service will ensure a large, loyal following of customers.
A full-service bar will be available at the restaurant, as well as live entertainment and Karaoke on select nights.
1.3 Keys to Success
Three keys to success are the key ingredients of Kiln Creek’s Bowling Center.
- Location. The center will be strategically positioned to maximize the profits of the modern day bowler. The center will be located on Commonwealth Drive, York County, near the Regal 14 Cineplex. The center is located a half-mile from I-64 exit 265, in Kiln Creek Shopping Complex. It includes Super K Department Store and Kroger, Farm Fresh, a 14-screen Regal Cinema, a ice rink, six restaurants of national importance, two banks, 35 other businesses and a Wal-Mart/Sam’’s Club. This is a great location for a multipurpose bowling center. According to York County Planning Division’s statistical analysis of the primary market (one to five-mile radius), the location is excellent. The National Bowling Council study outlines the demographics needed for a successful bowling centre.
- Low Overhead Cost. Kiln Creek Lane’s management will keep overhead cost at a minimum. Charles Collins Jr. is the project manager of the new center. This will reduce construction costs by approximately 15%. His vast experience in running bowling centers, along with his education as an Industrial Engineer, help him to streamline operations and reduce unnecessary expenses. By hiring the best staff in the field, many of his key employees can perform multiple tasks. The center will boast the most energy efficient equipment available in the area.
- Wide Range of Services. Kiln Creek Bowling Center will offer entertainment not only through bowling but also with a full-service restaurant/nightclub and billiards/darts, arcades, snack bar and apparel/pro shop. This diversity will bring in more customers and provide them more ways to enjoy themselves and spend their discretionary income.