The Athlete’s Foot store in Pine Ridge Square will become the athletic footwear headquarters for the City of Coral Springs, Florida.
There are 29,000 school-age kids in the city. Over 11,000 children participate in 16 structured athletics programs. Within three miles of this proposed location, there are 27 schools with different degrees of athletic program.
Within three miles of the center, there are 57,000 adults aged between 20 and 54. This is Florida’s prime running age. There were 250 runners from Parkland, Coconut Creek and Coral Springs participating in January’s Walt Disney Marathon & Half Marathon. This is just one example of the many dedicated runners in the area. Coral Springs does not have any shops that carry a selection of serious-running shoes.
The Athlete’s foot will focus on these two segments. The Athlete’s Foot will focus on these two primary markets to attract other residents looking for sports shoes.
The store will be located at the intersection of University Drive and Wiles Road. Fresh Market is a co-tenant. It includes a 10,000 square foot daycare center, a specialty clothing store that sells young men and women’s clothing, a learning centre, four restaurants, and several other youth-oriented business. Kmart and Steinmart are located at the intersection. There is also a Wendy’s, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Wendy’, Winn Dixie and McDonald’. There are three banks, six additional restaurants and three gas stations. This intersection has approximately 400,000 square feet of retail space. University Drive will continue north through Boca Raton. Wiles Road is being extended east, through Coconut Creek. This intersection sees approximately 55,000 cars per hour.
Coral Springs has very little competition. There are many “Mall” stores in Coral Springs that offer fashionable athletic footwear. They are limited in their service and lack technical expertise or knowledge for running shoes. They are also unable to capture the “sports-specific” footwear like football, baseball or other cleats or accessories.
The Athlete’’s Foot will be a franchisee in The Athlete’’s Foot, Inc., a leader in athletic footwear franchising. Over 700 stores have been franchised or owned by companies in 33 countries. We receive a comprehensive support package when we become an Athlete’s Foot franchise.
- Reebok has access to special vendor discounts such as Nike and Fila.
- Real estate negotiation and selection assistance
- Proven store design, fixturing, layout
- Planned and controlled merchandising system, assortment directions, and coordinated stock control
- Through required workshops and seminars, you will receive comprehensive training in all aspects of the business of athletic footwear.
- Support via video, monthly publications and regional meetings. Co-franchise networking.
- National Advertising Program and assistance with the local advertising campaign
- The most advanced and sophisticated ‘#8220â€™ Fit Technician and Research and Development programs in this industry.
The primary objectives of the business plan for The Athlete’s Foot are outlined below.
- To make The Athlete’s Foot the headquarters for athletic footwear by offering knowledgeable and professional customer service. Customer service will be measured through repeat business (our goal is that 50% of our customers will return within 6 months for an additional purchase) and multiple sales (our goal is that 30% of our non-running and 60% of our running shoe sales are accompanied by an additional purchase).
- To become an active participant in the Coral Springs Athletic Community as well as a supporter. We also aim to create a running club for youth and adults to encourage a healthy lifestyle and exercise. Our goal for the 18th Month is 150 running club members.
- To achieve a 33% growth in sales year 2 and to maintain a minimum of 15% annually thereafter.
s Foot retail store specializes in selling authentic athletic shoes for the whole family. The store will focus on the sale of children’s athletic footwear and offer a complete range of running shoes and accessories for both men and women. Our goal is to provide technical information to customers on how to choose the right style and fit of athletic footwear for them. In this city of 100,000, we will be the only fully-serviced athletic footwear shop that offers knowledgeable and quality sales support.
Our mission is to become the central point for the Coral Springs athlete. Coral Springs has one the most comprehensive and advanced community athletic programs within the United States. Nearly 29,000 school-aged children live within three miles radius of the planned store.
To be able to achieve our headquarters position, sponsorships, seminars, league promotion, and community running programs will all be necessary.