Sunnyvale ISD is located approximately 15 miles from downtown Dallas and is convenient to Lake Ray Hubbard. Residents of our town enjoy both quiet, tree-lined streets and scenic wide-open spaces – and a tremendous sense of community pride! The Town of Sunnyvale was incorporated in 1953 and covers 17 square miles.
The mission of the Sunnyvale Independent School District is to provide the highest quality education by creating life-long learners through comprehensive academic, athletic, cultural, and extra-curricular opportunities for the children of our community.
Sunnyvale ISD, in partnership with the community, is a stable, safe and caring “hometown” learning environment that focuses on the changing needs of our students and achieves educational excellence.
Sunnyvale ISD Expectations:
1. Maintain highest state accountability level
2. Maintain a climate of college-readiness
3. Provide opportunities for the development of the whole child
4. Students will achieve at least one or more years of academic growth
5. Maintain commended rates above the state average
6. Students/Teachers will have access to resources necessary to be successful
7. Maintain student: teacher ratios below state average
8. Provide exceptional customer service and a positive environment
9. Foster respectful relationships between students and teachers
10. New students will be acclimated to the SISD culture and climate
Master Plan Goals:
Goal One: Academics Sunnyvale students will demonstrate academic growth, as they are taught using innovative research-based strategies. Instruction will meet the diverse needs of our students.
Goal Two: Technology Sunnyvale students will have access to technology-rich environments, and teachers will gain necessary skills to provide technological experiences.
Goal Three: Staff Development Sunnyvale teachers will have access to professional development and will implement strategies that encourage critical thinking, collaboration, and creativity.
Goal Four: Parent/Community Involvement Teacher expectations, critical information, involvement opportunities, and district initiatives will be communicated in a clear, consistent manner.
As Sunnyvale continues to grow dynamically, SISD expands, as well. Sunnyvale Elementary will open its new brand new facility in the summer of 2012 for students in grades pre-kindergarten through fourth.
Superintendent of Schools: Mr. Doug Williams
President, School Board of Trustees: Mr. Brad Cravens
High School Principal: Mr. Zachary Hobbs
Middle School Principal: Mrs. Carmen Ayo
Elementary Principal: Mrs. Amy Tutle